Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Avernum 5 Announced

Following a recent mention of Avernum 5 in a Q&A (story), Spiderweb Software now officially announces the next installment in their cross-platform RPG series, saying Avernum 5 will be released for Macintosh by the end of this year and for Windows towards the beginning of next:

July 11, 2007 - Spiderweb Software, Inc. announced today the development of Avernum 5, the latest game in the award-winning Avernum series. Avernum 5 is set in the world of Avernum, an enormous series of caves far under the surface of the world. Explore this enormous, alien environment, meet multitudes of interesting characters, and rampage through many unique dungeons and hostile cities.

The surface world is ruled by the Empire. Its power is absolute. Its control is unchallenged. And, as a soldier of the Empire, you have a good, comfortable life ahead of you. But then a rebel named Dorikas tried to assassinate the Emperor, and everything went wrong for you.

The villain fled somewhere into Avernum, an underworld nation of eccentrics, misfits, and barely civilized monsters, most of whom hate the Empire. And that is where you are going. You must find Dorikas, while dealing with spies, betrayal, and assassins at every turn.

The enemy is waiting for you. You will only survive his attention with the help of these strange cave dwellers. If, of course, they donít kill you first.

Screenshots and more information are available at

http://www.avernum.com/avernum5/index.html

Avernum 5 is the newest game in the popular and long-running Avernum series. Explore a gigantic world, with hundreds of quests, multitudes of side dungeons, and many hours of adventure. Avernum 5 has a fascinating storyline, full of betrayal, mystery, and unexpected turns. The game features clever enemies and dozens of interesting scripted encounters. Learn over 50 spells and battle disciplines. Hunt for hundreds of magical items, or find the materials to craft new, unique equipment. Avernum 5 will be out for Macintosh in late 2007 and Windows in early 2008.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

14. Avernum 5 Announced Jul 13, 2007, 05:34 D4rkKnight

What made them special was the amount of narrative attached to so many locations in the game. You walk almost anywhere on the map and theres a story for it.

This hasnt changed in #4 I dont doubt, but I cannot stand the new control style, I always hated the feel of Geneforge interface vs the direct style in Old Avernum/Exile. I'm saying he should go back to the original style, disregarding graphics entirly.

Yeah he could do a grapphics overhaul but the point is he can do so much more just creating these worlds like he does now. In a perfect world he could do it all but lets be honest here you know something is going to get sacrificed to make that upgrade.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo