Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Shadowrun

Microsoft Game Studios announces that Shadowrun is heading to North American stores for Windows Vista and Xbox 360. We lost our decoder ring, so the s are still a mystery, but here's the announcement:

Time to teleport, glide and summon your minions! Microsoft Game Studios is launching Shadowrun onto retailers across North America.

Starting today, humans, elves, dwarves and trolls can join the cross-platform revolution with Shadowrun at the estimated retail price of $59.99 (U.S.) for Xbox 360 and $49.99 (U.S.) for Windows Vista. Shadowrun is rated M for Mature by the Entertainment Software Ratings Board (ESRB). Shadowrun is also part of the Games for Windows. initiative, offering reliability, compatibility and enhanced experiences on Windows Vista..

Additionally, Xbox 360 gamers can get in on the action with the official Shadowrun demo on June 6. The demo will be available for download via Xbox LIVE. Marketplace.

The innovative first-person shooter (FPS) gameplay of Shadowrun, developed by FASA Studio, thrusts gamers into strategic battles that utilize magic and technology. Players must vie for supremacy, playing as a human, elf, dwarf or troll. Cleverness, cunning and split-second improvisation are rewarded through a unique combination of modern weapons, ancient magic and advanced technology. As the first game to support Microsofts Games for Windows  LIVE service, Shadowrun gives players on both Xbox 360 and Windows Vista a chance to compete, cooperate and communicate across both platforms with an Xbox LIVE Gold or Games for Windows - LIVE Gold account*.

Shadowrun will ship with nine unique maps and an additional three map variations, showcasing dynamic environments set in a futuristic Santos, Brazil, and its neighboring ancient Ziggurat. Shadowrun includes six training chapters, letting gamers fine-tune their strategy and lethal combinations against the intuitively smart and talented A.I. bots. Gamers can also play with bots at four levels of difficulty on every map and with every game type.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

27. Re: babies May 30, 2007, 07:40 4D-Boxing

So many point to comment on...

Dual boot Vista/XP... I would do it but when I can buy 2gigs of DDR2 for the price of vista or a couple of 250gig SATA 2 Drives It's hard to chose to buy vista. The other opion will actually imprive performance, Vista will have the oposit effect on my gaming experience. If you look at the price of an Intel Core Duo 6600 it's getting real hard to find reasons to buy vista.

Mechworrior... If FASA has closed. I hope they sell the mechworrior franchise to someone who will bring make good use of it. By this I mean bring back the real mech games. In order to do that no selng to UBI, EA, Bungie, MS or any of the big companies. Sell it ot the gus who made stalker..they's bring back the AAA mech games for all platforms.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo