Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - FreeStyle Street Basketball

Sierra announces that FreeStyle Street Basketball has tipped off at North American retail, offering the first MMO basketball game:

Los Angeles – May 15, 2007 – Sierra Online, a division of Vivendi Games, teamed up with leading Korean developer JC Entertainment to bring FreeStyle Street Basketball to virtual courts across North America for the PC. FreeStyle Street Basketball is now officially available in retail stores or via digital download.

FreeStyle Street Basketball is a fast-paced massively multiplayer online PC basketball game where players meet on virtual courts to challenge each other in a dynamic pick-up game environment, featuring cutting-edge music, fashions and gravity defying basketball moves. Anyone can sign up to play the game for free at www.FreeStyleStreetBasketball.com and there is no monthly subscription fee. Gamers can also purchase a premium account via retail or digital download for $19.99. Premium players have access to unique items and all 45 levels of gameplay; and have the ability to gift items to other players and purchase additional character slots. FreeStyle Street Basketball is rated E for Everyone.

“FreeStyle Street Basketball already has a huge fan base in Asia with more than 30 million members,” said Ed Zobrist, president, Sierra Online. “We are excited to bring a special version of FreeStyle Street Basketball to the western market for gamers of all skill levels to enjoy.”

FreeStyle Street Basketball’s easy-to-learn controls allow players to master every move, from simple shots to crazy alleyoop dunks, using just four keys. Gamers can play 1-on-1, 2-on-2 or 3-on-3 street basketball online against people from around the country. The game boasts an exclusive soundtrack featuring Lloyd Banks, Young Hot Rod and Sha Money XL and clothing and gear from Marc Ecko Enterprises and Elwood. The globally popular FreeStyle Street Basketball has more than 30 million players in Asia.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

4. Re: basketball game built by non-players May 16, 2007, 19:55 SM0k3

hah, I remember seeing a character in-game that was wearing big ass chucka boots! some crazy shit, but it is just a game after all and its pretty fun if you can get some decent players on your team that actually pass and don't shoot 3 pointers all damn game(aka kobes).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo