Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Sam & Max Season Finale on GameTap

GameTap announces Sam & Max: Bright Side of the Moon is now live:

ATLANTA – April 26, 2007 – Today members of Turner Broadcasting’s broadband entertainment network GameTap get exclusive access to the highly-anticipated Sam & Max: Season 1 final episode “Bright Side of the Moon.” This culminates six months and six episodes of hilarious crime-fighting adventure that have raised the bar on innovation in the videogame industry and truly defined episodic gaming.

“Before we embarked on this experiment with Telltale, ‘episodic gaming’ was a concept that no one had ever put terms around,” said Ricardo Sanchez, GameTap’s vice president of content. “We structured Sam & Max: Season 1 in the TV model because it’s a form that people are already familiar with. In the end, it has been a phenomenal success for us both.”

In this, the sixth and final episode of Season 1, Sam & Max embark on a lunar adventure to save the earth from a horrifying fate: an eternity of perpetual bliss. From the first episode of the season, “Culture Shock,” which was named a Top 10 Videogame of 2006 by The New York Times, to “Reality 2.0,” the most recent episode, Sam & Max have fought a wave of bizarre hypnoses that infiltrated the media, the mafia, the United States government, and even the Internet. Now, Sam & Max must destroy the mastermind behind these mind-control schemes once and for all.

The complete Sam & Max series contains six episodes that each stand alone, but that have an overall story arch tying them together. Today on GameTap, all six episodes are available in their entirety, along with on-demand extras like the 1997 Sam & Max hit cartoon series and all-new Sam & Max machinima shorts.

Screenshots and teaser videos from the entire season are available for viewing at www.gametap.com/samandmax and Telltale also offers individual purchase of episodes 1-5 at www.telltale.com.

Sign up today at www.gametap.com and your first month of service is only 99 cents.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

4. Re: GameTap Apr 27, 2007, 01:24 Kamakazie

I got a year's subscription when Sam & Max Ep1 first went up; the service has an amazing library of games including many old DOS games that just refuse to run on XP and some games that are more or less impossible to find otherwise (I finally got to play Last Express). Some of the console emulation is done a bit iffy, but overall I'd say Gametap is excellent.
This comment was edited on Apr 27, 01:24.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo