Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Q&As

• Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars
    The Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars Q&A Pt. 2 on Computer and Video Games continues this conversation with Paul Wedgwood of Splash Damage about the coming teamplay shooter: "There are lots of other things we could include right? We could have a racing game rally mode but in the case of Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, at this stage in console development I think there's too much disparity between the player on a analogue controller and the player on the mouse and keyboard on a PC. The guy on the analogue controller has an advantage over the PC with vehicle control because he doesn't have the 'on-off' acceleration and steering, and the guy on the keyboard and mouse is able to turn faster and slightly more accurately. So our thought was that at this point it might be a bit premature with the communities generally happy playing amongst themselves and having a level playing field. That was the general reason."
  • Urban Mysteries
    The Urban Mysteries Q&A on FiringSquad talks with Morten Iversen about this coming time-travel game in the works at Zeitguyz: "I had been juggling an idea for years that was more like a novel taking place in the 18th century, involving a lot of conspiracies, double crossing, secret societies and whatnot. It never really gelled as a game - until Jesper Helgeborg (the concept artist for the game) and I juggled a few new ideas during the first iterations that suddenly made perfect sense, gameplay-wise. Let me add that "Urban Mysteries" is the working title for the game, and it will probably change as we are building the brand. We're also shuffling a movie treatment around a couple of major film-studios. If everything goes as planned, there will be a movie to coincide with the launch of the game."
  • Sega/Marvel
    Dissecting the Sega-Marvel Deal on GameDaily BIZ chats with Sega's Scott Steinberg about the recent expansion of their business relationship with Marvel: "The relationship started with Iron Man, so it wasn't like all these properties landed on our laps simultaneously. We had done the negotiation for the deal with Iron Man and from that, and our working relationship with the studios and the film team, stemmed elongated conversations about the other properties and the other characters. And obviously we like working with them, they like working with us, and a more substantive agreement was byproduct of those good vibes." Not to be outdone, there is also a Q&A with Scott on the same topic on GameSpot.
  • IGDA
    The Jason Della Rocca Q&A on GameAlmighty talks with the executive director of the IGDA about working in the game industry: "The game industry is one of those desirable careers, like going to Hollywood and being an actor. So whether or not there were all of these game degrees and game schools, we would still have a massive line-up of students that want to get in. Game schools and game degrees are just more of a direct path. The IGDA is actually very involved in the education side of things. We have an education special interest group that works on stuff like curriculum standards and teaching resources, and they actually just hosted a 2-day workshop on the first two days of GDC. They had 150-200 people in the academic industry talking about raising the standards for teaching game development and teaching practices. They’re very active in insuring that the students who do go the path of the more dedicated game education, that what they’re getting is meaningful and relevant and usable and will in fact help them get a career in the industry and let them learn the skills that they need to learn. So, we’re actually quite involved in that."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

3. Re: No subject Apr 26, 2007, 09:12 Bill Borre

They do if they work in marketing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo