As noted on the
, a new issue of German gaming magazine PC Action has new details
about Team Fortress 2 (thanks xXBatmanXx). There is a translation of the
significant details on
, where they have details on classes, maps and gameplay, and
some general details. Here are the general details:
* There won't be
"normal" grenades anymore. Valve thinks that they unify the different classes
* Unlike in Fortress Forever, teleporters are kept in Team Fortress 2. The ammo
dispenser will make a comeback as well.
* There will be a personalized statistics system. For example, you could see an
in-game message like "Hey, you've never played your class as well as today -
keep it up!"
* Valve thinks that classes in other games are a joke. "Where's the difference
between me choosing a M16 or an AK-47 rifle?", asks Robin Walker.
* It would be technically feasible to let owners of a PC, XBOX 360 and PS3 play
against each other. Whether this feature makes it into the final game is still
uncertain and depends on Sony and Microsoft.
* Valve received very few threatening letters because of TF2's comic design.
* Owners of multicore processors will get additional, undisclosed, graphics