Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch

A new version 3.4 Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines patch is now available, offering the latest in this series of unofficial updates for the action/RPG from defunct developer Troika Games. The patch is available on 3D Gamers, FileFront, and Gamer's Hell.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

7. Re: Wow Feb 24, 2007, 09:09 Big Lenny C

Unfortunately, there are some bugs that can't be fixed through these patches (like the sloppy cutscene editing). Activision needs to release the SDK for the game.

There is one, sort of. Bloodlines is a Source engine title with Python scripting on the sides. The problem beyond that is two-fold:

1. The engine is pre-Half Life 2, and apparently isn't 100% compatible with the HL2 tools, not to mention Valve almost immediately patched HL2 to deal with memory leaks and other issues in the Source engine; VTM got no such luxury.

2. Troika should have been inducted into the Great Idea, Horrendous Execution hall of fame. Three games over six years and not a one was technically sound, even after you patch them when you could.

I will note this--a couple of patches ago, the intro in the apartment with LaCroix kicking the door open finally worked right.
This comment was edited on Feb 24, 09:10.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo