Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Galactic Command Games

3000AD announces that the episodic space combat game announced last month under the title Galactic Command (story) is now being developed as three separate projects: Galactic Command: Echo Squad (PC), Echo Command: Bravo Team (platforms not specified), and Echo Command Excalibur (Xbox 360), with each game to follow the episodic format:

On December 4th, 2006, we announced a new aerial/space combat action series which was spawned from our existing and emerging game technologies. At the time, we envisioned the series as being focused on a single aspect of gameplay for both the PC and XBox 360.

During negotiations with various parties, we ended up splitting the series in order to cater to our different audiences across platforms. The end result is that the series has now been split into specific episodic genres. Imagine, if you will, the different aspects of the popular sci-fi series, Star Trek.

Galactic Command - <http://www.3000ad.com/products/galcom-ES.shtml> Echo Squad, is the new name of the original aerial/space action combat title based on the adventures of a group of Elite Force Pilots assigned to the Excalibur carrier. This title will remain a PC exclusive.

We have this week signed an exclusive four episode deal for this title. More info will be announced by the publisher at the upcoming D.I.C.E. summit in Las Vegas.

GALCOM:ES is on schedule for release in Q2/07.

Galactic Command - Bravo Team is an fps only title based on the adventures of a team of elite marines assigned to a planetary starbase. It is also episodic and features some of our emerging technologies, including a heavily revamped terrain engine which uses SpeedTreeRT. More info and shots will be revealed this Summer, as well as additional info on what platforms it will be released on.

GALCOM:BT is on schedule for release in Q4/07.

Galactic Command - Excalibur. Similar to "Echo Squad", this title is also episodic and focuses on the Excalibur command carrier and the combat pilots assigned to it. This title will remain an XBox 360 exclusive.

GALCOM:EX is on schedule for release in Q2/08.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

13. Re: Xbox360 version Jan 28, 2007, 10:12 Smoove

That being said of course - I can't help but be intrigued by the idea of a DS 360 game. Surely this is a guy famous for impenetrable control schemes - and his gonna be limited to a gamepad??? Could this be the first 360 game that REQUIRES a keyboard - or is derek just gonna make a space invaders clone.

Very interesting point. I'm surprised a DS game would be capable of making it past console QA, and even if it did the game sites will give it terrible marks because it will be unfinished and play like shit.

Getting back to the controls though, I suspect he'll just require multiple button presses to perform actions. "Press X + A + LB + D-pad up + Back to fire your weapon." "Hold RT + B + D-pad down and press X + Y + Right Stick to cycle through your weapons."

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo