Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Q&As

• Stranglehold
    The Stranglehold Q&A on GameSpot gets a hold of Brian Eddy to discuss the upcoming return of Inspector Tequila in gaming form: "Well, since we have a lot of big John Woo fans on the team, I would say a lot! But how fan reaction off the team affected development, I would say the outflow of interest and excitement has helped to spur the team on to make the best, most authentic John Woo game possible. And all the teams' hard work is paying off, as we believe that Stranglehold is going to be the best action game on PC and next-gen hardware."
  • BioWare
    The BioWare Q&A, part one on Computer and Video Games chats up Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk about what's up at BioWare in the conversation that caused a stir with comments about episodic content (story): "The videogame market is very cyclical and PC and console gaming have an uneasy alliance - as new console systems are released, early adopter fans move over to check those games out and as PC systems reach and surpass console systems at the end of a console life cycle, a good number of those early adopter fans move back over to PC gaming. Console gaming is huge of course, especially when you add in hardware sales, but it's hard to quantify the enormous impact of online gaming on the overall PC market - retail sales just don't capture the revenues from the increasingly successful PC MMOs as well as digital distribution and episodic gaming (which are both gaining strength year after year)."
  • Neverwinter Nights 2
    The Neverwinter Nights 2 Post-Release Q&A on Game Banshee talks with Ryan Rucinski about Obsidian's RPG sequel: "I wouldn't know where to begin. Sometimes I am really amazed at the creativity and time it must have taken to generate things we didn't know was even possible. One indivual [sic] addressed our water height over multiple tiles by basically making it a texture then putting the water effect on it. They were able make streams down mountains or have flowing lava from a volcano. It was awesome."
  • Star Trek Online
    Star Trek Online Q&A on WarCry chats with Daron Stinnett about the Trekkie MMORPG: "The easiest way to explain the dynamic between your avatar and ship in MMORPG terms is to think of your ship as a mount that is an upgradeable combat platform. Early in one's career, you will gain command your first small solo ship to freely navigate the galaxy. As you progress in your career and make alliances, you'll gain access to bigger and better ships to upgrade in parallel to your avatar. And when players decide to group with others in space, the choice is yours, group as individual ships or crew together aboard a single ship. Our design is geared towards providing players with the freedom to choose his or her own path on a journey through the galaxy."
  • Warhammer Online
    The Warhammer Online Q&A Part Two on Warhammer Alliance asks Games Workshop about the Warhammer MMORPG: "Their ability to bring Warhammer to life. There was never any doubt they could make a great MMO, and we always believed they’d be able to capture the feel of Warhammer, otherwise we’d have never granted them the license. However, their ability to not only translate existing elements of the IP into the MMO but to also add new elements that fit so seamlessly has been quite remarkable. My favourite part of my job at the moment is when a new batch of WAR concept art arrives in my Inbox."
  • Xpand Rally Xtreme
    The Xpand Rally Xtreme Q&A on SimRacingWorld goes around the track a couple of times with Techland's Adrian Ciszewski to discuss the racing game: "In the game, the tracks are shorter, so we had to work harder to keep the players adrenaline flowing, and the whole XRX team thinks we've succeeded. We've also fixed the graphics, improved the damage model, increased the interactivity of the landscape, added new modes... The full list of things that somehow improved the game play is much longer, but these are the basic points."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

4. Re: Bioware Jan 20, 2007, 00:06 Jaenos

Totally agree Creston. Valve has the perfect platform for Episodic gaming and has just proven that the grand experiment doesn't work.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo