Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Sims Stories Announced

EA Brings Laptops to Life With The Sims Stories is the announcement that EA's relentless The Sims series will continue with The Sims Stories, a new line of games based on the people sim geared towards the on-the-go laptop crowd. The first offering, The Sims Pet Stories, is due this summer, and the follow-up, The Sims Castaway Stories, is slated for a Winter 2008 release. These are stand-alone games that will not require previous Sims games to play. Here's word:

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS) announced today that The Sims™ is launching a new line of games — The Sims Stories. These laptop-friendly games will feature engaging characters and easy-to-play storylines that are sure to entertain both the novice and experienced player.

The Sims Stories games are the latest offering from the popular Sims franchise, which has been translated into 22 languages and sold more than 70M games around the world — that’s more than enough to give a game to every single person in the UK! It’s popularity is due in part to The Sims appeal beyond a traditional gaming audience; more than half of The Sims players are female.

The first of these games, The Sims Life Stories, introduces an all-new Story Mode with two stories that follow the lives of Riley Harlow and Vincent Moore, two very different characters who have reached similar crossroads in their love lives. A comic romantic plot centered around engaging characters guides players through twelve chapters of this one-of-a-kind entertainment experience. Players can take their Sims through unique and entertaining storylines filled with romance, intrigue and dramatic twists. Will female lead character Riley ditch beau number one to marry and have kids with beau number two? Will successful entrepreneur Vince ever find love, or the culprit who’s been foiling his heart-earned efforts to find it? Players can discover these answers and more, or enjoy classic open-ended Sims gameplay.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

12. Re: No subject Jan 16, 2007, 20:16 Jerykk

I'm not a Sims fan but I have played it and it does have evolving objectives.

Objectives like "Get a Job" or "Find a Girlfriend"? I suppose you could consider those objectives. Does the game ever end? Can it be beaten? I've played both Sims 1 and 2 and I couldn't stand them long enough to find out. If they can be beaten and the objectives you complete actually advance you towards this goal, I stand corrected and concede that the Sims qualifies as a game. Not a good game, of course, but a game nonetheless.

And yes, I am elitist, but uneducated? Hardly.

Who cares if EA releases another Sims game with more content. At least they are releasing more content.

Um, I care. What you are saying is equivalent to saying "Who cares if they release another Madden game?" Or any other uninspired, mediocre at best, franchise-milking game that sells like hotcakes. I find it profoundly offensive that worthless games like these are constantly on the top 10 sales charts yet other games that are much more worthy end up in the bargain bin after a month. It's a travesty and anyone who has a passion for gaming knows it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo