Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Hellgate Hubbub Follow-ups

Shacknews has a follow-up from EA on their story from last night (story) about subscription fees for Hellgate: London, Flagship Studios' upcoming action/RPG. Word from EA is that no final decision has been made yet about charging for Hellgate multiplayer, while Shack defiantly maintains they have reported Bill Roper's words accurately (they promise a full interview soon). The Hellgate Guru Forums has a Q&A with Flagship Studios community manager Ivan Sulic that seems to indicate the issue that this touches on is how they will be able to fund the creation of additional content after the game's release:

Ivan
Yeah, we haven't made a final decision. Seriously, the directors debate about this quite a bit. Basically, we want to do ongoing content. We don't want it to be like Diablo where we had a patch and an expansion and that's that. We really want to do ongoing content. So the directors have to just figure out how the hell we're going to pay for that. Could be anything. Really.

Scaper-X
Are continuing expansion packs still on the table in lieu of monthly fees?

Ivan
Could be the bonus dvd does it or subscription or real money transactions or auctions or micro purchases or lots of smaller expansions. Could seriously be anything. Which is why they still debate some. So... Until the reach a decision, whatever that is, and then print it across the web in a release, it's all going to be speculation and misunderstandings and odd quotes

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

14. Re: Death before Dishonor Jan 10, 2007, 19:31 FourPak

the issue that this touches on is how they will be able to fund the creation of additional content after the game's release:
yeah, how in the world do you expect EA Execs to afford a new corporate jet every year, or pay berthing fees for their private yachts, or buy a new Rolls Royce Phantom convertible every year if they don't charge these fees!

These guys are practically PAUPERS!

I mean CMON!, that new Ferrari they bought for junior last xmas is over a year old now!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo