Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

When doing some holiday shopping earlier in the week we came across these individually packaged pears by the checkout at Harry and David, purveyors of fruits and other such things. Curious about the little plastic cases enclosing the pears, I checked one out and noticed they carried a $3.95 price tag. Much like Vince Vega's fascination with the five dollar shake in Pulp Fiction, I had to experience what a four-dollar pear tasted like. After paying for a pair of pears, we were informed that they were actually as hard as rocks, and wouldn't be ripe for eating for three or four days. This span has passed, so I am going to be really mad at myself if we keep forgetting to eat them… It's one thing to indulge our curiosity in buying premium-priced treats like this, but it's another thing to feed them to the fruit flies.

R.I.P.: Ertegun, Atlantic Records founder, dies.

Ripe Links! Thanks Mike Martinez and Ant.
Play: LASER Jumper. Thanks User Friendly.
Stories: New Stargate Series In the Works.
Fatter, Taller and Thirstier Americans (registration required).
High IQ link to being vegetarian.
Science!: Race to the Moon for Nuclear Fuel.
Ignoring an inconvenient truth.
Astronauts to try to wiggle solar panel loose.
Media: VGA 06 motion capture skit.
Be afraid of global warming…
What's better than a race? A race with LADDERS.
Follow-up: Comet Dust, Brought to Earth, Holds Surprises.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

2. Re: TGIF Dec 15, 2006, 12:32 Zathrus

Don't know about y'all, but I am glad it is Friday.

I'll be happy once I go home. I'm freaking exhausted. We've just been getting to bed late, and I think I'm coming down with yet another cold.

Finished up most of my Christmas shopping yesterday evening though

Finished mine yesterday, and most of the presents are already wrapped.

On the bad news side, Heather's mom is back in the hospital again. Since yesterday. But we didn't find out until this morning because her husband (aka the worthless pile of shit) claimed he didn't have our phone number. Except that Heather's aunt gave it to him yesterday before he left (which he apparently did so immediately after dropping Heather's mom off... because he needed to eat).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo