Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

JoWooD to Acquire DreamCatcher

This press release (thanks Mike Martinez) announces European publisher JoWooD's intentions of moving into the North American market with the takeover of Canadian publisher DreamCatcher:

Liezen, Austria/Toronto, Kanada: JoWooD Productions Software AG (ATXPrime: JWD) announces that it has entered into an agreement to acquire Canadian based video games publisher, DreamCatcher Inc. This acquisition will provide JoWooD with direct access to every major retailer of PC and video games in North America. In addition, JoWooD will own America's #1 publisher of Adventure games further underlining JoWooD’s commitment to strengthen and broaden its distribution capacity through a proven and established network and to deliver compelling PC and video games to consumers worldwide.

"Acquiring DreamCatcher perfectly aligns with JoWooD’s strategy to deliver high-quality computer and videogames globally. We are looking at DreamCatcher as our North American counterpart and there are numerous and important synergies waiting to be exploited by all of us" says Albert Seidl, CEO of JoWooD Productions Software AG.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

16. Re: Arx Fatalis Nov 5, 2006, 14:22 zee

I am playing it right now. I am halfway through. I would say the demo is short, but it is a good showcase of the overall game mechanic. I bought the game because I played the demo and liked it. I think they could have used the adventure mechanic (get, combine, use objects on environment) the game has even more, but I read some walkthrough and noticed that I missed some stuff you can do, so I guess I am not looking hard enough :). The biggest draw the game has is IMHO the exploration aspect. That is why it suprised me that Dark M. was critizised for it. A.F. probably has much less combat than D.M. too. Also the story of A.F. is nothing overly special but overall entertaining. So if you did not like the demo I don't know what to tell you. You might like it or you might not. I have not played D.M. yet so can't tell you how similar it is. Maybe play the demo again an try to find everything there is to explore.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo