Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BF2142 Conflict

EA Suggests Removing Windows Security Update news on 1UP describes a conflict between the new BF2142 patch and a Windows XP security update, being careful to emphasize that the conflict lies in XP, rather than the game. The issue is summed up in the following quote in the patch notes: "Players who have the Windows security update KB917422 installed may suffer from an application error when running Battlefield 2142. This error can be solved by uninstalling the KB917422 update."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

70. Re: Go pound sand EA Oct 20, 2006, 13:51 mOOzilla

Interesting, are you FULLY patched or just a partial patched system? I have every hotfix they sent out and get the crashes.

I imagine most people that get it are fully patched. There must be some difference.

If anybody who crashes and has Visual Studio attached or a debugger installed, please email a minidump and callstack (but without symbols its just a bunch of addresses so the minidump is much more to them as they can load up the symbols), select without the heap as it will be a smaller file, to the publisher/developer. The more they get the more they will listen perhaps.

At the very least, send them an email.

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 13:56.

----
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fQaj31Wtko
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo