Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Yesterday Hudson the wonder dog and the Gunnar-man got to meet Bandit, the Rhodesian Ridgeback puppy that recently moved in down the block. Luckily he got on Hudson's good side right off - she can be a bit testy about other dogs, but seems to like boys better than girls and puppies better than grown-ups, so he had a couple of marks in his favor. Meanwhile, Gunnar has a new good friend… they ended up running around together and had the time of their lives. A little later in the day Bandit was being walked by our yard again, and he literally dragged his owner over to see his new buddy. Looks like we have to start arranging play dates.

Friendly Links! Thanks Mike Martinez and Ant.
Play: Feed Me.
Links: Genius Pad - Giant Sticky Note Furniture.
Science: Experts meet to decide Pluto fate. Thanks Brian.
Sea may be rising faster than previously thought.
Image: CS:S Crates are Everywhere! Thanks Digg. Obvious, since OMM went to Valve.
Media: Wii vs PS3 spoof - NSFW. Finally a non-hosed link on this one. Thanks Brian.
Pixel Pirate II: Attack of the Astro Elvis Video Clone.
Doing it in the kitchen (how not to - LOUD nsfw).
Follow-ups: Tale of the TV tapes - Apollo 11 mission archive mystery unspools.
Meteor Shower Show Saturday Night Was Worth Wait Say Stargazers.
Segway launches 2 new scooters. These will change the entire universe.
Teh Funny: UserFriendly.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

44. Re: No subject Aug 14, 2006, 20:56 Masa

I vote we outsource our military.

Ahahhaaa....it's already been done in some capacities. Some functions that were traditionally functions of the active military are now handled by civilian contractors, especially the areas of reconstruction and advisory of a government whom the US/allies are propping up. Intelligence gathering also tends to be outsourced sometimes and even some private soldiers are utilized.

Hell, the way warfare is conducted has changed since I went in and was discharged.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo