Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

And so begins the long Independence Day weekend here in the US. Let's be careful out there people.

Independent Links! Thanks Mike Martinez and Ant.
Stories: Officer hits two suspects with one bullet. Thanks Kar.
1,300 rats overwhelm man's home.
Colombia growers choose a new Juan Valdez.
Science!: Device records smells to play back later.
As the World Melts.
Why We Must Flee the Planet: The Geometry of Earth is All Wrong.

Instant Heart Attack. Enough to put you off pork brains.
Lobzilla.

Media: Epic Pong Shots.
Possibly the greatest TV advert ever made. NSFW.
Meet a Black Guy in Aspen, Co.
Follow-ups: Is the Shuttle Safe to Fly?
Teh Funny: ActionTrip Comic Strip.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

34. Re: Support our troops, even... Jun 30, 2006, 14:51 Halsy

if you don't agree what is going on.

That's bullshit. That's the sort of excuse used for all manner of crimes against humanity. Soldiers have the moral obligation to ask themsevles if what they're doing is the right thing. They shouldn't be in Afghanistan or Iraq in the first place - as well as a hell of a lot of other places around the globe - but they are because most of them serve with blind obedience and that's where the problems lie.

That sort of naive jingoistic bullshit is why the U.S. commits so many crimes against humanity around the world, and why so many of the the population allow such crimes to happen. You don't hold your leaders accountable, fuck over everyone else for the sake of U.S. hegemony and profits, and then wonder why everyone else hates you.

If you *really* want to support your troops, don't let them get sent off to fight bullshit wars for profit and occupy countries around the globe they don't need to be in. Hold your leaders truly accountable and rein in your out of control corporations. You can start by impeaching Bush. That's how you really support the troops.

Five percent of the world's population spending as much on the military as the rest of the world combined should tell you a lot about where the U.S. is heading. Force for democracy? I think not.

"This is the kind of place God would go to if He had to stop doing blow."
- Peter Griffin

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo