Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Heroes of Might and Magic V Patch

The Might and Magic Website now offers downloads of new patches for Heroes of Might and Magic V, updating various editions of the latest installment in the turn-based strategy series to version 1.1. Word is: "The patch fixes certain interface issues, balances game play in both singleplayer and multiplayer modes, fixes video card errors/conflicts, and addresses other minor issues in the game. Additionally, the patch adds new features to the game: an auto-patcher and 'easy' mode that will help newbies to enter the game smoothly."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

3. Re: Jun 6, 2006, 14:37 Awesome Spume

Patience?

If I don't finish a game there's usually someone I can give it to who'll get something from it. With HOMM5 I just can't see the point. If I was trawling around the map in anticipation of some deep complex battle then it would be forgivable. But I'm not. In the campaign 99.9% of the battles (in the first campaign anyway) are against neutrals so Hero vs Hero is irrelevent. Not that I'm convinced the hero makes much of a difference compared to, say, a huge stack of marksmen.

On the plus side I went back to Spellforce 2 and am having a lot of fun with it (ironically because it's gotten harder as I progressed).

EDIT: oh oh oh and let's not forget that HOMM5 has brought my PC to its knees at normal detail at 1024x768 with a Athlon64 3600 2Gb ram and a 7800GS - not exactly cutting edge but I'd expect more than a slideshow.

-------------------------------------------------
our daily interactions with 'real' people are far more scripted than any game. Your behavior at work... every aspect of your life conforms to a social script we all agree to play by.
This comment was edited on Jun 6, 14:40.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo