Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BF2: Armored Fury Update

The Battlefield 2 Website has screenshots from the upcoming Armored Fury booster pack for DICE's military shooter, along with some details on the pack and the upcoming version 1.3 patch for BF2. The further announcement mentioned in this story has also rolled in, promising the add-on the spring for a $9.99 price tag, and plans for a June release of Battlefield 2: Deluxe Edition, to include the original Battlefield 2, the Special Forces expansion, and the upcoming co-op friendly patch 1.3. Here's word:

Attention Soldiers!

Later today we will announce the Battlefield 2: Armored Fury™ booster pack for Battlefield 2™ which brings all-out mechanized battles to US soil for the first time. Maps set in the US have been requested by the community for quite some time, and we are pleased to deliver three that set the stage for huge armored warfare battles.

3 NEW MAPS

• Operation Midnight Sun: The conflict spreads near the Pacific Ocean in a key battle for the Alaskan port of Valdez, where Chinese forces are attempting to secure much-needed fuel from the pipeline.
    • Operation Harvest: The MEC army begins their march East towards the U.S. Capital, and American forces must stall the advance long enough for reinforcements to arrive.
    • Operation Road Rage: The MEC forces have infiltrated deep into the USA, and are using the highways to move quickly towards key industrial sites that are dangerously near civilian areas.

To balance the wide-open tank battles with aerial firepower, six new vehicles will be introduced, including 3 scout helos such as the MD 530 ?Little Bird?, and 3 ground attack aircraft like the A10 Warthog.

In addition, patch 1.3 is on the way, and with it comes single player co-op support, so you can grab a friend and tackle the bots as a team. More details to follow, so stay frosty!

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

10. Re: interesting May 1, 2006, 22:15 Lokust

I guess the impression I got was that you had bf1942, bf2, set in 2042, and the next game was bf2142. The tech level in BF2 for the most part seems appropriate. Either way, the A-10 IS out of service now.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo