Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Gold - SiN Episodes: Emergence

The SiN Episodes Blog has word Ritual's episodic shooter sequel is gold, and is due on May 10. Here's a bit on the game and some new related materials:

So, as Emergence comes to a close, I find myself straddling two worlds. On one side, I'm looking back at Emergence seeing all that we've accomplished and feeling immensely proud. On the other, I see all that we're going to accomplish with Episode 2, and I'm humbled.

Now that we're sitting on this side of Gold Master, it's a great time to hit Steam and preload the game for free. And remember, if you pre-order before May 10th, you can get 10% off.

In other news, we launched the Ritual Podcast today, which is going to be a regular series of both audio and video content that will enable you guys to get a closer look at how we're doing things here at Ritual. The first episode features our resident audio guru Zak Belica talking about creating one of the many audio cues in the game - it's truly fascinating stuff, so be sure to give it a listen.

Also, Tom Mustaine has set up a kicking MySpace page for SiN Episodes, so all you folks with kicking MySpace pages of your own, be sure to add us ;) Lastly, keep an eye out here for some very exciting E3 announcements coming soon.

At any rate, I hope all of you enjoy Emergence as much as I do, and I hope all of you stick around for Episode 2. It's going to be a wild ride.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

75. Re: movie analogy May 4, 2006, 01:19 Masa

And it's pretty safe to say they'll patch the games to be free when they abandon them. No one will want the fruits of the labor to die.

That is naivete in the extreme.

It's not completely implausible. Especially if Steam were to go down the drain and thousands of people weren't able to access their bought games, I could see something being done to unwed HL from Steam. Digital distribution is a rather new way of publishing games and I think particular consideration would be given to paying customers if the sytem tanked.

The bottom line is that there most likely won't be a legal solution available to run Steam games if Valve disappears or (more likely) stops offering a particular game via Steam.

Oh, I don't know. I wouldn't imagine it all that hard to make a legal provision to allow the exception of the thousands of people who purchased the game via Steam to still have access.

and it's anthology offering for $20 doesn't include Counterstrike which is an additional $20.

The HL1 Anthology costs $15. Go to www.steampowered.com and check it. Of course you'll argue some baseless aspect of it so I urge you to actually see it for yourself.

This comment was edited on May 4, 02:47.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo