Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Black & White 2: Battle of the Gods Ships

EA and Lionhead Return to Eden With Black & White 2 Battle of the Gods Expansion Pack has word that Lionhead's god game sequel expansion is shipping, and will be available over the coming few days:

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 25, 2006--The battle for Eden rages on! Electronic Arts (NASDAQ:ERTS - News) and Lionhead Studios today announced that Black & WhiteŽ 2: Battle of the Gods has begun to ship to retail outlets and will be available April 28, 2006 via the EA(TM) downloader at www.downloader.ea.com.

The Battle of the Gods expansion pack for Black & WhiteŽ 2 offers players a host of new challenges in a darker, more sinister game world. In the expansion pack, players return to Eden where something strange has happened: The Aztecs have raised their own evil deity, which must be confronted head-on for control of the land. Players have the freedom to choose how they will rise to this new challenge -- by countering the evil deity's actions with good deeds or attempting to defeat him with extreme evil.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

10. Publisher logic Apr 25, 2006, 17:21 Shadowcat

This is entirely speculation...

B&W sold a lot due to impressive screens, and rave previews that were backed by (and doubtless sourced from) excessive hype from the developers. As we know, the actual game was a disappointment (great technology but poor gameplay), but vast numbers of sales had been made by then.

Now if B&W2 got the green light based entirely on sales of B&W, but a huge proportion of the people who bought the first game actually regretted it, then they really didn't have much of a market to develop for in the first place, despite their original sales figures. I pre-ordered B&W, and I didn't even give B&W2 a second glance.

If the publishers were looking only at the B&W sales (and frankly that seems quite likely), they probably thought a sequel was a no-brainer.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo