Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Another World Remake

The Another World Website offers downloads of an updated edition of Another World, including a trial version. The game has been translated into English, but not all of the website has been run through the old Babel Fish yet, so I'm just going to post the English explanation of all this sent along by Phil:

Eric Chahi's classic "Another World" (a.k.a "Out of This World"), released by Delphine back in 1991 has been enhanced and re-released for modern Windows PCs in shareware form!

The "Collector's Edition" of Another World includes all-new support for high-resolution high-colour graphics, and features enhanced background artwork to match. These new features are optional -- for the full nostalgia trip, the game can also look exactly like it did back in the day if you so wish.

For a 25MB download you can access the first (and unfortunately *very* short) section of the game as a demo, and then purchase a key online to unlock the full content for only 7 euros (not trying to sound like an advertisement here, but that's a good price).

The bulk of the web site has not yet been translated to English, so you could conceivably want to wait for that to happen before posting the news, but the game is available right now, and does include localisation for a whole host of languages, so if you just want to play there's no need to wait. I say post the news now, and then post it again once the web site is translated :)

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

33. Re: Another World Remake Apr 17, 2006, 09:15 Shadowcat

The Speed Demo linked here pretty much proves that, since he does in effect cover over 90% of the game without using any hacks or exploits. 7 = 17 minutes of game = 40 cents a minute.
It's a puzzle game!!! That's like reading a walkthrough to The Secret of Monkey Island, and then complaining that you could complete the game too quickly/easily.

Your first time through Another World should take you a good few hours.

Don't watch a speed-run for this game, people. You'll just spoil it.

That depends on your definition of joy. If getting kicked in the nuts over and over and over and over while being subjected to a ridiculous plot is your definition of joy, then HoD is an absolute joy to play.

Another World is tolerable, because it's old - but let's leave HoD in the crapper where it belongs.
Oh my god. I feel deep deep pity for your inability to appreciate such a wonderful game as Heart of Darkness. That's absolutely tragic.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo