Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Far Cry Gets Pwned

Ubisoft acquires all intellectual property rights for Far Cry and will take the Far Cry Edition of the Cry Engine to the next level and Ubisoft secures full rights to Far Cry reveal that Ubisoft has acquired the rights to Far Cry and its underlying CryENGINE, even as Crytek works on Crysis for EA. Here's word:

Publisher Ubisoft has announced that it has acquired the full set of IP rights relating to the Far Cry franchise, which was created by German studio Crytek, in a move which will allow the firm to continue developing games based on the property.

Under the terms of the new deal with Crytek, Ubisoft will take ownership of all the existing Far Cry IP, as well as a perpetual license to use the version of the CryENGINE technology implemented in Far Cry.

The agreement means that Ubisoft will be able to develop sequels in the franchise - which has become a major property for the French publisher, with Far Cry Instincts Evolution (Xbox) and Far Cry Instincts Predator (Xbox 360) both shipping this week.

It also grants Ubisoft and its studios the ability to use the Far Cry engine to develop other titles, which is another string to the company's bow in development terms - with a statement this morning outlining the firm's enthusiasm about taking the engine "to the next level."

Crytek, of course, is already hard at work doing just that - but for Ubisoft's giant rival Electronic Arts, for whom the development studio is currently creating its second high-profile title, Crysis.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

56. Far Cry Gets Pwned Mar 31, 2006, 12:03 dryden555

Crytek's Far Cry was a genuinely excellent FPS with still impressive graphics (the water and dynamic lighting still 100% beats Oblivion).

I just hope Ubisoft doesn't wreck the franchise

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo