Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I figured out what was wrong with my mail last night and everything is working now... There seems to be an odd gap in my inbox from the middle of the night, though, so either some messages got delayed or bounced along the way.

Mail Links! Thanks Mike Martinez and Ant.
Play: Deal or No Deal.
Link: Vincent Gallo Merchandise. Thanks WarPig.
Story: Isaac Hayes Quits 'South Park'. So long, childrens.
Science!: Nanotech helps blind hamsters see.
Reactions: Applying Math and Counting the Cups (registration required).
Building Better Bones With Ice.
Media: Best home made lighsaber dual ever.
Full Contact Cheerleading.
1964 Rolling Stones Rice Krispy Commercial.
Follow-up: Alabama Cow Tests Positive for Mad Cow.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

116. Re: Southpark Mar 15, 2006, 22:20 VoodooV

I think a lot of people are mistaking faith for dogma. When I talk about faith. I'm simply refering to the belief in something you can't explain..you can't prove. yet you know is there. To borrow from the movie Contact I pose this to you: Do you love your parents?....Prove it. there is no equation for that shit.

I am by nature a logical person. but to say everything is science and nothing else. I find something lacking in that.
And to me, blind faith that science has the answers is no different from the blind faith in the idiotic dogma of some religions. It just seems obvious to me that science and faith have more in common that both of them would care to admit.

When I see the pundits on both sides arguing and debating over what should be taught in schools and the like. I don't see people searching for truth. I see people searching for power. Cuz see, we already have a choice in what we believe and how we are taught. if you are secular, you can go to a public school, if you're devoutly religious, you can go to a parochial school. If you don't like either one, you can be homeschooled. The freedom of choice already exists. Once again, why do we seem to be so concerned about what other people believe? These pundits are seeking the power to choose for you, and to say that their opinions on such personal matters are superior to yours. THAT's when I say to heck what they think. What are they going to do...outlaw schools that don't teach beliefs that aren't their own? That treads awful close to Isaac Hayes-ian levels of bigotry and intolerance

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo