Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Q&As

• Epic
    The Mark Rein Q&A on Computer and Video Games talks with the Epic veep about what they are up to: "The beautiful thing with Unreal Tournament is the way we build it, it's gameplay first; by bringing up levels in a very unfinished state we're able to run around and navigate them and put in all the gameplay elements, then see how much fun they are before we go to the detailed step of decorating them and making everything beautiful. We have quite a few levels up and playable now. We're prototyping the new game types, we have some great new vehicles, we have some cool new weapons - that's how UT goes and it's going well. Come see us at E3 [winks]."
  • Medieval 2: Total War
    The Medieval 2: Total War Q&A on GameSpot offers the first details on the next installment in the RTS series by chatting with Bob Smith of Creative Assembly: "There were several factors behind our decision to revisit Medieval. First and foremost, the medieval period is just so great for a Total War game; it is in many ways the perfect setting. It has a wide range of unit types, technological progress, constant warfare, treachery, intrigue, and the clash of civilizations. Plus, of course, the setting proved very popular with Total War fans."
  • UFO Afterlight
    RPG Vault's UFO Afterlight Q&A is a conversation with a couple of the folks from ALTAR Interactive about the third installment in their UFO series: "The strongest aspect is a polished tactical controlling system that every player can customize to their advantage. UFO: Afterlight will contain much stronger RPG elements than before; the player is going to know all the soldiers and other characters by name, not just because they are the most precious resource in the game. This may remind players of the feeling from Original War, one of our previous projects that some devout RTS fans might remember."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

6. Re: UFO Afterlight Feb 19, 2006, 07:18 CeeJay

It's my take on a IMO likely future article.

Yes , it's fictional , but it could be written if ALTAR Interactive continue to make UFO games that does not do the original justice.

You are not the only one that do not like the UFO:A games.
If you're looking for a game with a similar experience to the orginal UFO games try the Fallout series , the Jagged Alliance games and Silent Storm and Silent Storm Sentinels (the Silent Storm Gold package contains both).

Hammer & Sickle though based on the Silent Storm engine is frustatingly hard and quite confusing.. I suggest you pass it over.

Upcomming games that might interest you :
UFO:ET http://www.ufo-extraterrestrials.com/ (late in development)
Fallout 3 by Bethesda Softworks (early in development)

I'm surprised that using quotation marks for quotes, could upset anyone.

I'm going to disregard your rude remarks.

I'm the developer of SweetFX
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo