Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Q&As

• Garriotts
    Richard and Robert Garriott: What's Ahead for Massively Multiplayer on GameSpy catches up with the brothers at the D.I.C.E. Summit: "Well, not only am I pleased that I successfully survived the last few years... and to have made games that sold well enough to be given the chance to make the next... But looking back there are several games that were not just milestones for me, but even comparing them and contrasting them with other games, they were noteworthy. There was Ultima IV, which was relatively unique around the time that games started to become more literary, containing a personal mental challenge. Ultima VII for me was my personal favorite among the Ultimas, it was the most completely realized virtual world that I've been able to create to date. And Ultima Online really opened up the online gaming space. In the big scheme of things, doing one 'landmark' game every ten years or so is a pretty good track record."
  • Red 5 Studios/Offset Engine
    Gamecloud's Red 5 Studios/Offset Engine Q&A talks with Red Studios' Mark Kern and Offset Software's Sam McGrath about the new deal to use the Offset engine in an upcoming MMORPG: "It's still pretty early, but I will tell you that we won't be making a traditional, fantasy-based MMO. We also won't be using any licenses; it will be an all new, original world and setting. I think that's important, because games are going to become a leading source for new intellectual property in the future."
  • Gumshoe Online
    The Gumshoe Online Q&A on working-title features Hiding Buffalo's Iwan Roberts about the episodic sleuthing game: "We’re really pleased with the way things have gone so far; when we started Gumshoe Online we weren’t sure anyone would want to play a detective game but every day more players sign up to Gumshoe and there’s a constant stream of emails asking about the next mystery. "
  • Casual Games
    Gamecloud's Playfirst Q&A continues their series on casual games by chatting with another casual games publisher.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

2. Re: richard who? Feb 16, 2006, 12:47 Taulin

I am so sick and tired of Garriot. I used to follow what he was doing, but now he sounds like a brocken record. "What I am doing now is great. I made Ultima 4! Remember that 20 years ago?"

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo