Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

In a reverse of the more normal pattern, it rained all night and now has been snowing all day. I needed to drive somewhere today, but it's so ugly out there, I think I'll just play it safe and lay low. Where's the hot cocoa?

Frozen Links! Thanks Mike Martinez and Ant.
Play: 1980 games.
Russian Roulette. Thanks Scatterblak.
Stories: Woman marries dolphin. Why buy the cow when you can get the bottlenose for free?
Cat Calls 911 to Help Owner, Police Say. Now there's an animal worth marrying.
Jude Law Banned From His "Girl".
Science: Einstein Has Left the Building (registration required).
High-Tech Pedal Power.
The Coolest Rooms on the Planet.
Obeastity.
Follow-up: Mission to far-off Pluto is a matter of patience.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

43. Re: OT - ad problem Jan 3, 2006, 19:58 Cynips

Most of you probably guess, but I never had a reason to own a car back in Sweden. Just an unnecessary expense when you can either bike or take the bus/tram/subway wherever you want to go (and you can be drunk and legal :))
Nearest I've come to owning a car before was the wife's 1977 Volvo 240 which I drove 11000 km during six weeks in the summer of 2003 in the line of work. But that's a whole other story in itself.

This comment was edited on Jan 3, 20:01.

listening to http://www.progulus.com/ a mountain stream of progressive, rock and metal
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo