Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

On Human Head & RUNE 2

A post to the RuneGame.com Forums called 'So, If We Did Do Rune 2...' (thanks RuneGame and Frans) is written by Tim Gerritsen, who offers a timeline history of Human Head Studios while addressing the possibility of a sequel to RUNE, their third-person Unreal-engine melee combat game. While he stresses that the possibilities for a RUNE 2 hinge on the success of Prey, he does also hint that a little grassroots support is in order, and towards that end, a Create Rune 2 Petition is online. Here's a bit:

At the moment we are really concentrating on Prey. We are well aware that if we mess this one up, any hope of a Rune 2 ever will be pretty much be a pipe dream. Therefore we're doing our best to make sure we get it right. We have our fingers crossed that the playing audience will find that our efforts were well worth it. So far so good. Hell, we got to go through the hell of learning next generation content long before anyone else had to, and that alone gives us a huge leg up.

If you really want a Rune 2, though, you need to tell it to the publishers. We want a Rune 2 some day. We've always said that. It is the pubs you need to convince. They see a game with a so so meta critic score and a devoted, but smallish audience and sales that were good but not great. Of course you and we know different. Rune was a major labor of love, and I believe firmly that anyone who actually plays the game for more than an hour can see that (after the water level and all those crabs in caves, of course...) =]

Seriously, though. Make your voices known to the publishers. If we say, 'Rune has a truly fantastic following, even now, five years on' they just look at us like "Sure, five people, right?" If we show them forums, they just shrug. If this wonderful group of hard core, dedicated fans were to all shout at the publishers, however, that speaks volumens. If they know that people are stoked, that Rune really was an overlooked gem, and, most importantly, wallets would open at the sound of Rune II on a shelf, then they would listen.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

39. Re: No subject Dec 8, 2005, 16:42 Prez

Knew you'd run out of steam sooner or later! LMAO!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo