Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BF2 Patch Plans

The Battlefield 2 Website (thanks Frans) outlines plans for an updated set of mod tools for DICE's military shooter sequel, as well as word on an upcoming patch:

We at DICE and EA are committed to on-going support for Battlefield 2. We're pleased to see that so many of you are still playing the game on a regular basis and continue to support it and the community with some great mods and movies (We're big fans of the machinimas, so keep them coming guys, and MINE, you guys rock!).

We wanted to let you know that we're already hard at work on a post 1.12 update. While we can't go into details about it, yet, rest assured that we're checking the forums, listening to our customer support teams and working hard on the features that YOU'VE asked for. As soon as we can give more concrete details, we will. Just know that we're all 100% into making Battlefield 2 the very best that it can be.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

46. Re: CoF Dec 1, 2005, 07:43 Rick

Ever since 1.12 the load times seem to be greatly increased. I changed a video setting and I shit you not - I sat and waited for 2 1/2 minutes while the damn game optimized textures or whatever - and the first minute or two after finally getting into the game it's virtually unplayable as the game is apparently defragging my hard drive as I'm playing. Ok, just kidding, but there's some serious hard drive activity during the first few minutes and it can be like watching a slide show. I've turned off all background apps, I have plenty of system and video card memory. This problem didn't appear 'till the last patch...

And wtf is "verifying client data" all about?? - I know it's not new, but come on... The one great thing about BF1942 that keeps me playing it is that you can pretty much get right into a game and be playing 15-20 seconds.

The server browser seems to be working a little better since I figured out the "secret" to applying filters. You can have no more than six options checked at a time, or else when you hit "apply filters" you'll come up with an empty list. I found that it was not necessary to have each map size option checked to see all size maps being played. Just uncheck them all and you'll see 'em all.

And the red / blue color change thing?? This has been a problem since day one. I'd think in a team-based game such as this an issue of this nature would be somewhere near the top of the "to do" list.

Maybe it's just me.

I know I'm whining a lot - but I love this game. I really do. With a few changes it could be nearly perfect.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo