Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Spider-Man Games Deal

This Activision Investor Relations Press Release (thanks Frans) reveals plans to continue to create game tie-ins with the Spider-Man movie series through the year 2017 (at which point actor Tobey McGuire will be 42 years old). Word is:

SANTA MONICA, Calif., Nov 29, 2005 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX News Network/ -- Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) announced today that the company has signed an agreement with Spider-Man Merchandising L.P., a limited partnership between Marvel Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: MVL) and Sony Pictures Consumer Products Inc., to extend its exclusive worldwide publishing rights to the phenomenally successful Spider-Man(R) motion pictures through 2017. The license grants Activision the right to publish entertainment software products based on subsequent Spider-Man(R) movie sequels or new television series.

Under its current agreement with Spider-Man(R) Merchandising, Activision will develop and publish interactive entertainment games based on Columbia Pictures/Marvel Entertainment, Inc.'s upcoming feature film "Spider-Man(R) 3," which is set for release in May 2007. To date, Activision has published games based on "Spider-Man(R)" and "Spider-Man(R) 2".

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

11. Re: Submitted Nov 13th... Nov 29, 2005, 15:21 MindTrigger

Who cares? My father is 57 and he's a hardcore gamer like me. I'm 34 been gaming online since Qtest.exe (10 years ago) not counting Doom. Luckily we have learned to balance gaming with regular life so that we aren't complete losers. We still love that gaming though I'll be gaming for life.

---
BF2 Player Name: "MindTrigger"
"Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you."

--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo