Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

MMO Updates

These Guild Wars Game Update Notes (thanks Frans) outline a new update to ArenaNet's MMORPG, outlining what seem to be Halloween-themed changes to the MMORPG. Likewise, NCsoft announces the release of Issue 6, "Along Came a Spider," for City of Heroes, among other things, laying the groundwork for PvP in specific zones with the imminent City of Villains. Finally, RPG Vault's Anarchy Online It's Alive #7 is a Q&A with Funcom's Morten Byom and Craig Morrison who discuss the ongoing evolution (or intelligent design) of their sci-fi MMORPG.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

9. Re: games Oct 28, 2005, 15:30 Alamar

I believe that eventually everyone becomes bored with MMORPGs, unless perhaps they find some group of friends with whom they always play, in which case they are really just talking with friends, not playing an MMORPG.

Without debating that 'everyone' statements are 'always' wrong, I'll explain why I play massives...

First of all, I like the content, as in, the story lines... I read through all the arcs in City of Heroes... All the quests I did in World of Warcraft, and the like in previous games...

Secondly, it's fun to work together (Coop gaming has come and gone, and come and gone over the last 15 years, but it never seems to stick well in much other than massives).

Lastly, I like having an audience for cracking jokes while I grind through another quest (as opposed to the missing 'lol's and 'rofl's from the NPCs in 'Just another solo RPG').

Again on the coop, it's really so sad that other genres just haven't figured it out yet... and I don't know why... Most developers played games like Doom 1/2 in coop mode and had a blast... but so few games consider anything other than competition in MP...

-Alamar

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo