Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty 2

Call of Duty 2 Storms Retail Shelves (thanks Frans) announces that Infinity Ward's World War II shooter sequel is deploying to stores today:

SANTA MONICA, Calif., Oct. 25 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Soldiers ... strap up those boots, tighten that buckle and grab your helmet, it's time to return to battle as Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI - News) has shipped Call of Duty® 2 to retail outlets nationwide. Powered by Infinity Ward's proprietary new engine, the sequel delivers an unparalleled portrayal of the chaos and intensity of war with life-like authenticity, amazing special effects, advanced A.I. technology, the most realistic squad combat and explosive action. Call of Duty 2 for Windows® PC is rated "T" (TEEN -- blood, mild language and violence) by the ESRB and carries a suggested retail price of $49.99.

"The original Call of Duty set a new benchmark for epic intensity. Our team was committed to raising the bar once again with Call of Duty 2 by delivering an experience that immerses players in the action and takes them on a journey that's as close to war as they will ever want to get," states Grant Collier, president, Infinity Ward. "We've brought the action to life by creating a context-sensitive dynamic battle chatter system, unparalleled smoke effects, adding non-linear gameplay, open mission objectives and the most alert A.I. ever. Gamers will feel like they're playing their own epic war movie."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

26. Cool Oct 25, 2005, 14:12 chili pepper

I'm looking forward to playing the full game.

I played the demo on hardest difficulty, which wasn't very hard at all. Though I'm sure the difficulty will get much tougher as you advance, just like it did in the original CoD, where several levels became impossible to complete without going through a dozen or more replays.

I don't mind the difficulty, but hopefully things won't be so scripted this time. For example, it would be nice to have enemies spawn in a different/random location on your next replay/reload, or at least have an option to play the game that way. It would go a long way towards getting away from the heavily scripted/deja vu feel of the original.

The demo ran smoothly for me on the highest settings with all effects turned on (athlon64 3200, radeon x800xl, 1gb ram). Graphics look stunning as well.

This comment was edited on Oct 25, 14:14.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo