Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Quake 4

Activision, id, and Raven announce that Quake 4 is now available in the U.S.:

THE WAR BEGINS QUAKE 4 PC DEPLOYED TO STORES NATIONWIDE

Santa Monica, CA – October 18, 2005 – The Global Defense Force has been given the green light to invade the Strogg home planet as id Software™ and Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) announced today that QUAKE 4™ for the PC has shipped. The long-awaited sequel to QUAKE II®, QUAKE 4 enlists gamers in the role of Matthew Kane, a member of the legendary Rhino Squad, to penetrate deep into the heart of the Strogg war machine and engage in a series of heroic missions to destroy the barbaric alien race. QUAKE 4 for the PC is available at retail outlets nationwide for a suggested retail price of $49.99. Additionally, fans can purchase the QUAKE 4 Special DVD Edition for a suggested retail price of $59.99, which includes QUAKE II, the QUAKE II expansion packs, and exclusive behind-the-scenes content. Both versions carry an “M” (Mature) rating by the ESRB.

“Fans can now buy QUAKE 4 and jump right into the epic battle between mankind and the Strogg,” said Todd Hollenshead, CEO, id Software. “The single-player campaign has the excitement and feel of a blockbuster action movie, complimented by an addicting multiplayer component featuring all the speed and excitement of QUAKE III Arena®.”

Developed by Raven Software and executive produced by id Software, QUAKE 4 begins only moments after the events of QUAKE II, with the Earth’s fleet launching a massive offensive to the planet Stroggos. As Matthew Kane, gamers invade the alien stronghold, fighting alone, along side other Marines, and in mechanized walkers and hover tanks as they encounter the Strogg and their disturbing amalgamations of man and machine. Built on id Software’s revolutionary DOOM 3® technology, QUAKE 4 also features fast-paced multiplayer competition modeled after the speed, style, and feel of QUAKE III Arena®.

For more information on QUAKE 4, please visit www.quake4game.com.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

199. Re: No subject Oct 19, 2005, 22:12 tron

whoa! i think you took my post in the wrong way. i'm not even sure what you mean about referencing "people talking out of their asses" - i never said anything like that... i just don't see how you can evaluate gameplay that you have never experienced.

i honestly had no opinion of the *gameplay* before i bought it. i bought it merely because it was the sequel to Q2 which i liked a lot. i would have bought it even if it got nothing but terrible previews/reviews. because i would have had to see for myself...

i expected it to be at least as good as other Raven titles, which are all decent games that i enjoy playing. but i didn't listen to much of the hype. i didn't read any previews. i don't like to go into a game with a lot of preconceived notions (especially comparisons). i mean, i knew it was a continuation of Q2 (which i loved) and i knew it was an FPS (which i enjoy) and that it is developed by Raven (i like other work they have done) and produced by id (i like their work too). so yeah, i guess you can say that i had a good idea what to expect. but i didn't assume any specifics. in fact, the game has turned out to be better than i had anticipated. it's no Katamari Damacy, but it is fun in the same way that a popcorn action movie is fun.

i went to see the Spiderman movie because i liked the X-Men movie. i don't expect them to be the same. i just figure that, hey, i liked one comic book movie - maybe i'll enjoy another one. same with music. i sometimes buy an album just because it is in a genre i enjoy. i often get burned - but at least i took a chance, and sometimes i find new music that i really like.

i'm sure it is possible that someone may think this game plays like Doom 3. but i don't know how. and i don't see how anyone can have an opinion of gameplay based on screenshots. and i think that any reviewer who says this game plays like D3 is full of beans.

- tron -
---
"tron is big and tron is full of action... it's a hell of a ride!"
-from the Tron 2.0 box
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo