Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

A couple of responses to my post last night have me planning on trying to easy my mouse hand pain with some sort of wrist rest. I experimented with items like this in times past, but didn't have any strain to ease, so didn't see the use... I probably won't be able to find where any of those old ones might be. It was also encouraging to see there are others out there using the right mouse button as their forward keys... maybe we can start a support group.

R.I.P.: TV's Miss Ellie Dies and 7-Foot-Plus Actor Matthew McGrory Dies (A.K.A. Bigfoot).

Achy Links: Thanks Mike Martinez and Ant.
Play Time: Create Your Own Artwork.
Stories: FEMA pays for at least 203 funerals not related to '04 hurricanes. Thanks Hump.
Bin Laden in 'Hell'. "Snobster."
Furniture Causes FedEx Fits.
Science! Annual meteor shower to light up sky tonight.
Redheads don't feel your pain.
Science's Quest to Banish Fat in Tasty Ways (registration required).
Follow-ups: NASA to launch Mars orbiter.
Astronauts cheered in Houston.
Climate warning as Siberia melts.
Teh Funny: FoxTrot.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

50. wrist pain Aug 11, 2005, 17:06 4D-Boxing

About the pain when using a mouse...My solution was simply making sure my chair was at the correct height so my arm is at a 90 degree angle. So my arm is resting on the arm rest and the wrist on the mouse table just under the mouse pad. That did the trick for me but it might not work for everyone.

That stopped my wrist pain not sure about hand pain. For hand pain the only thing I can think about, is getting a mouse that is the correct size for your hand. At least that's what I saw on TV from a so called expert on ergonomic computing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo