Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Well, I pushed my rock up the hill again... new motherboard, new chipset, new CPU. Any guesses? Yup, same BSoD. After all this I finally have an RMA, as the video card obviously has a problem. Thank goodness for MrsBlue, who is far more organized than I am, as she was able to conjure up the receipt to take advantage of my lifetime warranty.

Just to reassure you that this is still a fun-filled process, yesterday's highlight was installing the new motherboard, installing Windows, and flashing the BIOS on this AV8 motherboard to version 22, at which point the machine would no longer see my RAID array. It's at this point I began to doubt my own sanity. By the time tech support finally answered the phone, I had found forum posts informing me that this was a bug and I had to roll back to the version 19 BIOS. The guy at tech support had never heard of this... he has now, but he didn't seem to believe it. Always an adventure.

On the bright side, I've gotten a couple of emails from folks who have found help in some of the troubleshooting stuff I've gone through myself, including helping to identify the NForce 3/6800 conflict I experienced under Windows XP. Anything I can do to help!

R.I.P.: Hiro Moriyasu, Early PC Inventor, Dies and Chi-Lites leader dead at 64. I love the Chi-Lites.

RMA Links! Thanks Mike Martinez, Ant, and EvilToast.
Play Time: Cursor Snatcher.
Links: OfficeGuns - Guns Advanced - Super Maul. Let's all be careful out there folks.
Nupitials R Us.
Stories: Phony Purple Heart Taken Off Film Web Site.
Payola Shocker J-Lo Hits, Others Were 'Bought' by Sony. A shocker to anyone who hasn't heard that stuff. Thanks Eye 4N Eye.
True? Clinton Offered 40 Goats For Daughter. Thanks Eye 4N Eye.
Who wouldn't fall for such a clever trick?
Science: A New Face A Bold Surgeon, an Untried Surgery. "Hello, Doctor. I hope you don't mind: I took a few of your groovy painkillers."
Blink and you miss it - Why the world doesn't go black when your eyelids flicker.
Canadian lab to test 'sasquatch' hair.
Follow-ups: Russia to offer trip around the moon for $100 mln.
Snopes on Peter Griffin photo.
Scientists play down 'superweed'.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

65. Re: No subject Jul 27, 2005, 10:39 Warhawk

How about a future issue? How deep a bed of stone did you make your pour on?

What are you thinking - expansive soils? efflorescence? cracking?

Although not usually done in garage areas, a vapor retarder (visqueen, Stego Wrap, etc.) under the bed of sand and over the crushed rock/ag base isn't a bad idea, either. Usually only done in living areas, but it would help prevent efflorescence....

*** Warhawk ***

Let's keep it!
Hush, mama! It's for charity! Widows and orphans. We need more of them.

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo