Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battle for Middle-earth 2 Announced

EA Granted Rights to Develop the Lord of the Rings Games Based on J.R.R. Tolkien's Epic Literary Fiction is the press release revealing production on Battle for Middle-earth 2, a sequel to the Tolkien-inspired RTS game. The original game was based on a license based on the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy, while the new game is based on the writings of J.R.R. Tolkien upon which the movies were based. The announcement also includes word on plans for The Lord of the Rings: Tactics for the PlayStation Portable, described as a tactical strategy game, though a quote from EA praises it as an entry in the RPG area. Here's a bit more on Battle for Middle-earth 2:

The newest The Lord of the Rings PC title will introduce players to depths of the fiction never before explored by EA, in accordance with an agreement with The Saul Zaentz Company d/b/a Tolkien Enterprises that grants EA the rights to develop games based on the books, in addition to a separate agreement that allows for games based on the New Line films. Expanding on The Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth, the new RTS game will allow players to engage in heated battles with Elven and Dwarven armies plus heroes and creatures that have never been seen in a The Lord of the Rings film.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

22. Re: Bait and Switch Jul 25, 2005, 20:26 JoeCool

When will people realize that EA is like the Hollywood of videogames. They don't give 2 rats asses about making something they can be proud of, just something that can make lots of cash.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo