Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I got my first taste yesterday of a BF2 bug I'd heard complaints about, but had not previously experienced. After a firefight I noticed a teamkill message, so I said I was sorry. A few minutes later it happened again, and when it happened a third time, I was positive there were no friendlies in my sights, and I also noticed a team message asking 'why is everyone shooting me?' The thing is, the team message was in red, just like the name over this guy... he was showing up as an enemy. Looking at the scoreboard, I saw myself with a score of negative-11 and a bunch of teammates in the minus column as well. In spite of people repeatedly messaging him that he was mysteriously appearing as an enemy, he was relentlessly punishing every TK. So instead of leaving the server himself, he just forced myself and his other teammates to leave instead. I would gladly give up the whole TK punish function, which may as well default to punish for all the understanding shown in its use, in exchange for a working voting system, as I have never actually seen a successful mutiny or player kick vote.

Punishing Links! Thanks Mike Martinez, Ant, and EvilToast.
Links: Brandon-Bird-O-Rama.
'Bullitt' car chase still tops in Hollywood. Thanks Eye 4N Eye.
Stories: Europe to fall silent for UK bomb victims.
Woman gets $74,000 water bill.
Book stores brace for record Harry Potter rush.
Science! Group Calls for Soft Drink Warnings (registration required).
Newly discovered planet has 3 suns. Thanks Jim. Here's the story, of a planet named Brady!
Media: NiN Video.
Gross coin trick.
Follow-ups: Discovery Launch a No-Go.
Teh Funny: VG Cats.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

86. Re: No subject Jul 15, 2005, 10:52 Warhawk

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,162583,00.html

Sorry to keep punching holes in your little conspiracy theories, Halsy....

Although Joseph Wilson and many Democrats have spent the last week saying Karl Rove leaked the identity of a CIA operative to journalists, it may have been the other way around, according to sources familiar with grand jury testimony.

The Associated Press reported Friday that Rove, President Bush's senior adviser, testified to a grand jury that he talked with two journalists before they divulged the identity of CIA officer Valerie Plame, but that he originally learned about her from the news media and not government sources, according to a person briefed on the testimony.

The person, who works in the legal profession, told AP that Rove testified last year that he remembered specifically being told by columnist Robert Novak that Plame, who is Wilson's wife, worked for the CIA. Days earlier, Wilson, a former ambassador, had written a harsh critique of the Iraq war that was published in the New York Times

The Times also reported Friday that Rove spoke with Novak as he was preparing his July 2003 article. Novak is the reporter who first outted Plame in print but, he has not appeared to be a focus of the investigation thus far.

The Times reported that someone who has been officially briefed on the matter said Rove also learned from Novak the situation under which Wilson traveled to Africa to investigate possible uranium sales to Saddam Hussein in Iraq. Novak told him he planned to report in a weekend column that Plame had worked for the CIA, and the details about the Africa trip, Rove testified.

After hearing Novak's account, the person familiar with the testimony said, Rove told the columnist: "I heard that, too."

Rove testified that by the time Novak called him, he believes he had similar information about Wilson's wife from someone else in the media but he couldn't remember exactly who.

A few days before these conversations, in an op-ed article for The New York Times on July 6, 2003, Wilson suggested that he had been sent to Niger because of Vice President Dick Cheney's interest in the matter. But Novak told Rove he knew that Wilson had been sent at the urging of his wife, the sources said.

Novak's column was printed six days later, touching off what would turn into a political firestorm that launched a federal criminal investigation that continues today into who leaked Plame's identity.

Three days after the Novak conversation, Rove testified, the chief of staff had a phone conversation with Time magazine reporter Matt Cooper and — in an effort to discredit some of Wilson's allegations — informally told Cooper that he believed Wilson's wife worked for the CIA, though he never used her name, sources told the AP and the Times.

An e-mail Cooper recently provided the grand jury shows Cooper reported to his magazine bosses that Rove had described Wilson's wife in a confidential conversation as someone who "apparently works" at the CIA.

The New York Times noted that the first source — whose identity still is not known — provided the basics of the story and was described by the columnist as "no partisan gunslinger." According to that second Novak column, when the writer called a second official for confirmation, the source said, "Oh, you know about it."

That second source was Rove, the source briefed on the matter told The New York Times.

Robert Luskin, Rove's attorney, said Thursday his client truthfully testified to the grand jury and expected to be exonerated.

"Karl provided all pertinent information to prosecutors a long time ago," Luskin said. "And prosecutors confirmed when he testified most recently in October 2004 that he is not a target of the investigation."

Earlier in the day, Wilson kept up his criticism of the White House, saying Rove's conduct was an "outrageous abuse of power ... certainly worthy of frog-marching out of the White House."

Federal law prohibits government officials from divulging the identity of an undercover intelligence officer. But prosecutors must prove the leaking official knew the officer was covert and knowingly outed his or her identity. One of the questions that still remains is exactly what status Plame had at the time of the leak; many reports say she had a desk job at CIA headquarters in Langley, Va., at the time.

Wilson on Thursday acknowledged his wife was no longer in an undercover job at the time Novak's column first identified her.

"My wife was not a clandestine officer the day that Bob Novak blew her identity," he said.

But Republicans argued Friday that the latest information exonerates their man.

"Karl Rove wasn't the leaker, he was actually the recipient of the information," Republican National Committee Chairman Ken Mehlman told FOX News on Friday morning.

Democrats continued this week to sharpen their attacks, accusing Rove of compromising a CIA operative's identity just to discredit the political criticism of her husband.

Sorry to burst your bubble, bud.

And before you start ranting on and on about Fox, here's the CNN version:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/07/15/cia.leak.rove.ap/index.html

Halsy? You still there? Are you going to aim your vitriol at Newsweek for inaccurate reporting or demand the journalists who did leak the info be tried for treason?

Thought not....

*** Warhawk ***

I'm really sorry. When I saw him on the computer, it said "The Butcher of Cadíz." I thought it was a profession, not a headline.

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo