Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Were experiencing another of our odd encounters with nature here in the Blue Tower, as we're having a mini-invasion of mini-beetles. These are slender bugs that resemble fireflies, though they seem to offer no pyrotechnic effects. What they do seem to offer is a lesson about the fragility of life, as they are evidently not well suited to domestication -- we are finding more of them dead than alive. As a result I have dubbed them death beetles... this is mostly a minor inconvenience, though I had a brush with grossness when I filled a glass that had been sitting out on a shelf an found a couple of these guys floating in it, thankfully I noticed them before I took a sip (shudder).

Horrible real-life news of the day: London bombs kill at least 33.

Buggy Links! Thanks Mike Martinez, Ant, and EvilToast.
Link: Home of Socks and Sandals the world over. Thanks Jim.
The Electric Unicycle.
Stories: Man Lights Himself on Fire to Propose.
Sea Lion Attacks Lifeguard. Thanks Eye 4N Eye.
Brilliant...just brilliant... Thanks Eye 4N Eye.
Science! Electric shield to deter sharks. Thanks Eye 4N Eye. Of course bee stings cause more deaths.
Automatically, a Smart Dish That Feeds a Hungry Pet (registration required).
Solar Aircraft to Fly Around the World. Described in Wikipedia as "an over-rated publicity operation."
Media: Jaws in 30 seconds with bunnies. Thanks N|Lost_One.
iPod Flea.
PowerTools. Thanks Jim.
Follow-up: The Food Industry Empire Strikes Back (registration required).

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

51. Re: No subject Jul 7, 2005, 16:34 Fingers M

The thing about terrorism though is that it can thrive anywhere and under any conditions. Today's attacks might well be Al Qaeda, but they could also have been anti-capitalism or anti-globalisation extremists. These days, anyone with a grievance can air it in an horrifically murderous way. Our armies cannot forcibly disarm all of them, and our intelligence services will not always find them. The only way to stop someone from trying to kill you is to take away their desire to do so, and in this case that means seriously reconsidering the direction we are headed, lest the West further alienates itself to the rest of the planet. While the terrorists themselves cannot be reasoned with, the people and governments among whom they seek shelter out of common ideology, can.

Anyway, the ice cream truck just rolled by, and I am so fucking there.

Im afraid that I will have to bomb you for eating ice cream.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo