Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Alpha Prime Announced

The Alpha Prime teaser website offers up some screenshots and announces development of Alpha Prime, an upcoming science fiction-themed first-person action game in the works at Black Element Software (thanks Tiscali Games). Here's word on the game, which does not yet carry a release date:

As a mining inspector the player is tasked with exploring an illegal asteroid mining base to investigate the disappearance of its inhabitants. However, more pressing is why the mining robots and other autonomous systems are trying to put an end to his inspecting, permanently. The story leads the player through several distinct environments - the inspector's spaceship, damaged by enemy fire from within the asteroid, technical facilities, laboratories, crew quarters, mining shafts and more. On his quest to discover the secret of the asteroid the player will fight not only the robots, but the station itself. Using the ship's radio he will talk to the navigator of a cargo vessel, one of the few people from the surrounding area to somehow remain alive. Walking down the empty halls and eerie corridors of the industrial complex the player will meet several survivors willing to help. Or so it seems.....

Built around the Enforce2 engine, Alpha Prime is a first person action game with an emphasis on the single player experience. At its core is a Science Fiction story written by the foremost Czech Sci-fi author Ondrej Neff. Game play will be a varied balance of combat and more technical activities such as hacking and remotely controlling robotic devices.
The game will feature all of the necessary components of a modern computer game, such as detailed graphics utilizing the latest technology, interactive in-game physics integral to the environment, 3d sound and more.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

5. Re: screenshots May 11, 2005, 14:46 Halsy

Yep here come the Dewm3 and HL2 clones.

"I am an evil giraffe, and I shall eat more leaves from this tree then prehaps I should, so that other giraffes may die"
- Eddie Izzard

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo