Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Things have been mostly back to what passes for normal here for about a week now after the meltdown of 2005, but there's still a bit of aftermath being sorted through behind the scenes. The ever-valiant Frans is trying to work though getting our screenshots script to operate properly on the new server, and Furn has tracked down several Blammo annoyances, some of which existed prior to the crash. Towards that end, I'd appreciate an email or a forum post from someone who has encountered what's described as the "editing bug" on our forums, to make sure I am clear on what that entails. For my own experience, clicking the "edit" button on an existing post sometimes brings up a mostly empty page with no opportunity to edit anything, but repeatedly hitting reload will eventually bring up the expected screen, and I just want to make sure that is the same behavior others are experiencing before anyone gets too crazy trying to track down the problem.

Play Time: Kitten Cannon. Thanks banddirector.
Links of the Day: Unintentionally sexual comic book covers Part 1. Thanks Devicer. Unintentional? As in Beaver Cleaver?
iLog: the real iPod killer. It's big, it's heavy, it's wood!
Stories of the Day: Poll: Americans Say Taxes Too Complicated.
Politician Urges Golf with Cane Toads.
Outlaw Laid Low by Short Fuse. Thanks Firingsquad.
Science!: Why robots are scary--and cool and Walking Human-Shaped Robot Going on Sale.
Cloned Cows Yummy and Safe.
'Extreme Textiles' Come of Age (registration required).
Auction of the Day: Rare Collectible Pen Covering Device. Thanks Troy.
Thanks Mike Martinez and Ant.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

27. . Apr 12, 2005, 14:46 Morgan19

It's probably a regional ad. Where abouts do you live, and who is the ad for?

I'm in Virginia (USA).

m19

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo