Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Well, I finished Half-Life 2... in spite of my efforts to prolong the experience, the further along I got, the harder it was to resist pushing on. Let me just say this outright... Believe the hype. The game hits such high marks in storytelling and game design, and the obvious effort that went into fine-tuning various elements to maximize the fun factor shows through in every moment... there were several occasions when I thought the upcoming segment had some familiar tedious gameplay cliché that turned out to be tremendous fun because of how well the design was implemented.

Congrats to Valve on such an achievement... Half-Life and Half-Life 2 are the Godfather and Godfather II of computer games. In my opinion Half-Life 2 is not only Game of the Year, but it's the best shooter ever... and the best computer game ever.

Links of the Day: The Sandwich Club.
Star Wars Changes. Thanks Dan.
Stories of the Day: All-Cereal Restaurant Opens in Philly. And no mention of Seinfeld!
Lady said she didn't know police drove trucks, so she kept going.
Science!: Evidence on Cold Fusion Remains Inconclusive, New Review Finds (registration required).
Some people are 'immune' to exercise. And some of us just have a resistance.
This lens sheds a tear.
Media of the Day: He plays Wok N Woll. Thanks The Flying Penguin.
Mariko Takahashi's Fitness Video. I'm speechless.
Auction of the Day: MIRACLE - JOHN LENNON on a GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH. Thanks a-ron.
Follow-up: 'Virgin birth' mammal rewrites rules of biology.
Thanks Mike Martinez and Ant.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

34. Re: Holy shit Dec 3, 2004, 12:37 Ihya

Did you guys watch that work out vid???!!

O_o

I have come to the belief that the Japanese nation, as a whole, are smoking a serious ammount of crack.

This comment was edited on Dec 3, 12:39.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo