Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Rainbow Six 4 Announced

Ubisoft Announces a new Episode in the Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six« Franchise on PlayStation«2, Xbox« and PC is the press release with the announcement Rainbow Six 4: No Subtitle Revealed, the next installment in the tactical shooter series. Here's a bit:

Ubisoft, one of the world's largest video game publishers, today announced its plans to launch a new Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six opus on PlayStation«2, Xbox« and PC during Spring 2005. The game is being developed by two of Ubisoft's award-winning studios: Red Storm Entertainment, the maker of the original Rainbow Six, & Ubisoft's Montreal Studios.

In this new episode, you lead Team Rainbow, the world's most elite counter-terrorist unit, as they are called into action and unfamiliar territory to battle a bioterrorist threat. Stakes escalate as they are personally targeted by an evil terrorist organization. Used to protecting the lives of others, Team Rainbow must now embark on a mission to fight and save some of their own.

The next Rainbow Six installment will build on the ingredients that have made the Rainbow Six« franchise a runaway success, and will introduce new single player experience with a personal darker storyline, state-of-the-art equipment, and offer gamers the chance to play as two members of Team Rainbow: Ding Chavez, the fearless leader of Team Rainbow, and a new sniper role portrayed by Dieter Weber, who must cover his team's movement with deadly accuracy.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

26. Re: Play as Ding OR Dieter? Nov 30, 2004, 17:12 Warhawk

I actually liked Clear and Present Danger the movie quite a bit, and yes I have read the book. It certainly deviated from the book quite a bit but you have to if you're going to squeeze 850 pages into two hours.

I've read every Clancy novel (in order even - geek, I know) and many of the OpCenter/Politica/Ruthless.com/PowerPlays/Net Force books in addition to SSN, Marine, etc. As a big Clancy fan, I never even saw "Sum of All Fears" - I was too pissed about all the changes to the story to even care about it.

From Reel.com:

The novel The Sum of All Fears (written in 1991) was a gripping portrayal of how a group of Arab terrorists detonate a tactical nuclear warhead at the Super Bowl, killing everyone in attendance, including the president. Paul Attanasio and Daniel Pyne's screenplay abandons that more realistic setup in favor of a somewhat goofy scenario. Their Fears is about how a J÷rg Haider-like Austrian industrialist (Alan Bates) uses a loose nuke to pit Russia and America against each other, hoping their mutually assured destruction will clear the way for the Fourth Reich.

Yeah, real similar to the book.

You know, if you want to make a movie witha certain plot, make it, but don't slap the name of an author/title on it when the movie doesn't follow the story in the fucking book. Damn that shit pisses me off.

/rant off

* Warhawk *

Please! This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who.

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo