Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy: The Sims 2

EA Ships The Sims 2 has the announcement of the return of the little people:

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sept. 17, 2004--The wait for millions of Sims fans is over. Electronic Arts (Nasdaq:ERTS - News) today announced that The Sims(TM) 2, has shipped to retailers under the EA GAMES(TM) brand and is now available on store shelves. The award-winning The Sims 2, developed by EA's Maxis(TM) studio, is the sequel to the #1 PC game of all time. The Sims game and its expansion packs have sold over 36 million units worldwide.

"We are excited to have reached this milestone and thrilled to turn over this revolutionary game to our community and fans and let them take playing PC games to a whole new level," said Lucy Bradshaw, Executive Producer of the game at EA's Maxis studio. "For the first time, players will see emotions, live through life's most memorable moments and unleash their inner film-making capabilities, all in one game."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

14. Re: Here you go Sep 17, 2004, 11:41 4D-Boxing

Weird, even on TV this week there was a guy saying the sims was like playing dolls! I've never played the game so i can't juge but it's odd that this comparaison is often made. In a way i can see why, you don't exacly make yur lego characters go to work, date, have kids and all that stuff. Even Action figures are usualy not used for that kind of gameplay unless your little sister kidnaps GI Joe and forces him to marry Barbie!!!

I used to take the legos to build a forteress to protect My Joe's from the Pink Vette during drive by LOL. Then again that was over 20 years ago maybe nowdays boys play differently.

Anyways I hope the sims keeps selling well, maybe someday we will see some of their AI developements get used in other game types.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo