Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

My 'net connection has been troublesome since sometime yesterday afternoon... it's funny how reliable these things have become compared to the past. This flaky connectivity is actually faster and more reliable than on dial up (though those days of whine and modems are actually farther behind me than I tend to recall at first). Anyway, hopefully MaBell will be able to straighten things out today.

Rosh Hashanah begins at sundown today, here's to a sweet new year to all who are celebrating!

Links of the Day: Howard Stern.com. Thanks K P N. Register to vote.
Map of Springfield.
Candle and Soap Making For Dummies Recall. Thanks Shepman.
Stories of the Day: Police thwart 'Cannonball Run'.
'Excuse Me. May I Have Your Seat' (registration required)?
The Best, Worst & Weirdest Car Names. Thanks Ant.
Science!: Study finds heart benefit to drinking.
Ships shape up to fight killer waves.
Method to Turn Off Bad Genes Is Set for Tests on Human Eyes (registration required).
Image of the Day: 3D Image of Solis Planum.
Follow-ups: Private space plane’s engine souped up.
Thanks Mike Martinez

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

48. Re: A slight change of topic Sep 15, 2004, 15:57 rkone

I find that very interesting, because I think it is the most bloated software I'd been using.

Maybe with lots of torrents running? I never do more than 2-3 at a time myself, so I didn't notice. I'm on a P4 3.0ghz with 1 gig of memory - it's not top of the line, but I guess I wouldn't notice bloat as much as some. Still, the task manager says it uses up only 2mb of memory, and and has 0% cpu usage on my system...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo