Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I called Verizon to see if I could get that new double-speed DSL dealie they are offering, but I am too far from the C.O. to get the increase over my copper wiring. They did tell me they could triple my upstream bandwidth for free, though, so that's something (though the speed upgrade hasn't kicked in yet).

I started up the BlueTruck and the check engine light came on... I guess at 40-something thousand miles, I should expect a few things to need replacing, in this case, some sort of solenoid in the transmission, which was naturally not in stock. I headed off (again) to the rent-a-car place, where the counter lady rented me a Ram truck for their compact car rate, so I guess damaging her Pacifica didn't ruin our friendship. Anyway, in spite of her apologies over it not having a hemi engine, that's exactly what it does have. My normal ride has more pep than you would imagine a vehicle that large would have, but this thing is an insane tire-burning monster, truly a pick-up with pick-up. Vroom!

Link of the Day: Explore Tokyo's Sky City. Thanks Bunko.
Stories of the Day: Pup shoots man, saves litter mates. Thanks Dave and James.
Shakespearean text lives online.
Tracking down the 'jungle yeti'.
Science!: Bacteria Turn Toxins Into Plastic.
High-Tech Ice Cream.
New ring discovered around Saturn.
Follow-up: Genesis scientists try to salvage solar dust.
Thanks Mike Martinez

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

18. Hemi! Sep 10, 2004, 10:55 Pie4Foo

What's a hemi?

Contextual definition: a hemispherical, push-rod V8 used by Dodge in a few of their cars. 340HP/390TQ.

Edit: LOL, Tony Z posted the link I was going to point out. Guess I was too slow!

This comment was edited on Sep 10, 10:56.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo