Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I finally got to see League of Extraordinary Gentlemen on the satellite. Ouch. And I like comic book movies... I can't imagine how people who don't share that taste felt about this one (and I don't want to imagine what Alan Moore must think). On a happier note, I got to see Hero in the theater the other day. A good Jet Li movie... who knew? But I still have a vexing movie situation facing me: I have a free pass to see Alien versus Predator, but it's actually not playing at the local cineplex(?), meaning to see it I will have to (gasp) break with my movie routine. That's pretty drastic, we'll just have to see how that goes.

Links of the Day: NASA Fakes Moon Landing!
The AOL CD Preservation Guild & Museum.
AMD K6-2 350 3D MHz Computer. Thanks M. Please don't buy this.
Story of the Day: Store Clerk Accepts Fake $200 Bill, Makes Change.
Science!: As gridlock grows, scientists look at adding lanes in the sky.
Sorry, E.T., but Parcel Post May Beat Phoning Home (registration required).
X-rays unmask mummy's face, virtually.
Image of the Day: Anna Nicole Smith a Farah, from Prince of Persia:The Sands of Time.
Auctions of the Day: 20 FULL P-GLASS GLOBAL SFX PROSTHETIC HUMAN EYE EYES. I just make eyes!
Green i-Mac computer 1999. Thanks Dr. StephanHeimer. Win98?
Thanks Mike Martinez

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

83. Re: Satellite thing Sep 2, 2004, 16:54 Tigger

I had a friend that had his “professionally” installed, and it was always crapping out on him. I got some info from the satellite provider and using a little simple trigonometry I discovered the installer had it facing almost the opposite direction it needed to be (and as I referenced to earlier, it was not tightened down properly).

Thats why I opted to stick with dialup until cable finally came to my area. I put up my own Dish and never had any problems while people that lived on my road kept telling horror stories like the one you told.

I don't know how an installer can fuck up an installation - you only have 3 axis to worry about - and they GIVE you the angles and data for all 3 - all you have to do is match the hash marks on the dish for 2 of them and know how to use a compass.

--
Tigger
"It's not the years, it's the mileage" ~Indiana Jones
This comment was edited on Sep 2, 16:56.

--
Tigger
Vic Fontaine for President
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo