Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Since the little spate of problems I recently encountered on the network here in the BlueTower abated, I decided to take advantage of the small lull in this abnormally news-filled summer (along with the fact that everything is working now) to mess things up. Actually I am working on creating some further redundancy and better disaster recovery here for the next disaster... I don't think the "if it's not broke, don't fix it" rule is so much applicable here as much as a "stitch in time." Of course this is how I console myself when I find myself pulling another all-nighter crawling around the floor wiring things voluntarily after just spending a day doing it by necessity... It helps me convince myself it's not just that I am a masochist.

Play Time: The Invisibility Game. Thanks banddirector.
Link of the Day: Firediving.
Stories of the Day: Cuban ships herself to U.S. in wooden crate. Thanks |oR|Creeper
Gremlins, bloody hearts, big changes. Quotes Jack Valenti admitting standards change over time.
Matthews Band sued over waste dumping. Thanks Chas.
Science!: Pushing Forward for Personal Aircraft.
Reactors Trim Radioactive Waste.
Small telescope reveals new planet.
Image of the Day: When Mars Thaws Out. Thanks zombie69.
Follow-up: Added Sugars, Less Urgency Fine Print and the Guidelines (registration required).
Thanks Mike Martinez

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

7. Re: blah blah blah Aug 26, 2004, 08:20 Swiftraven

I believe that Hamm did a very poor job of handling the controversy. He should have kept his mouth shut and let others handle the situation, but he did not.

BUT, if the Koreans want video used to determine his starting score then it needs to be used to score his entire routine..which therefore would cost him for using 4 holds on the bars instead of 3 and Hamm would get the gold anyway.

Bringing video into a completely subjective sport (sports which are ripe for corruption and controversy anyway and suck for olympic competition) should not be done in any case.

And I kind of liked AVP. I went in with such low expectations that I was able to enjoy it for what it was...mindless fun

This comment was edited on Aug 26, 08:22.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo