Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Q&As

• PlanetSide
    HomeLAN Fed's PlanetSide Update Q&A talks with SOE's Dave Georgeson about plans to update the MMO shooter: "We've changed PlanetSide...a lot...since its original launch and things are about to get even wilder with all the new major features that are hitting in the next couple of months. It's a great time to be a part of the world's only real MMOFPS!"
  • Guild Wars
    The Guild Wars Interview on Guild Wars OGaming Part Deux continues their conversation about ArenaNet's upcoming MMORPG: "As you play the game items will become more specialized. We want items to have a story behind their existence. Therefore if you find a certain weapon you will know that it came from that mission or from this quest. There will also be a lot of customizations that you will be able to do to your weapons."
  • A Vampyre Story
    HomeLAN Fed's A Vampyre Story Q&A hunts down Mike Kirchoff of Autumn Moon to learn more about the upcoming vampire game being crafted by some former LucasArts employees.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

10. Re: No subject Aug 4, 2004, 23:40 Pete

The objective is the same but the depth of what you can do and how you can effect the outcome of battles has gotten quite deep. The enjoyment is in the battles, strategies, camraderie, advancement of your character(s) and conquest. Ultimately every MMORPG is "meaningless" if you really think about it. I do know what you mean though as that 'endless chase" feeling you got when it (PS) was released is now buried under gameplay tweaks and new content.

Its hard to verbalize, you really need to play it for awhile to get a good idea of what has changed.

what i ment is if your team/clan/outfit whatever takes over a certain peice of land, do you get any benefits from this? how hard is it to getback/defend?

also does the area change visually? not just flag colors.

DOOM3, i got my copy. what about you?

Doin' it Big
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo