Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Crytek and EA

Hot off the success of Far Cry comes the announcement that developer Crytek is jumping into a strategic partnership with Electronic Arts:

Chertsey, UK. July 23rd, 2004 - Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS), the world's leading interactive entertainment software company, today announced a worldwide strategic partnership to develop and publish a new game franchise with developer Crytek GmbH. The agreement builds on Crytek's success with its first title, the chart-leading first-person shooter, Far Cry, and brings together the creative talent of Crytek with the publishing expertise and unrivalled reach of Electronic Arts. The highly regarded German developer will create an exciting new game franchise for the PC based on original intellectual property. Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

"Bringing original intellectual property to the interactive entertainment market is a key focus for EA," said Frank Sagnier, vice president, EA Partners Europe. "EAP's partnership agreement with Crytek is a testament to our commitment to nurturing creative development and we are delighted to be working with one of the brightest talents in Europe to create what we believe will be an innovative gaming experience."

Cevat Yerli, president of Crytek said, "We are looking forward to this partnership with EA. Our advanced technology and creativity, together with EA's production support, marketing and sales, means that we have a great opportunity to bring an original gaming experience to our consumers, as well as grow our business. We are thrilled to see this development get underway".

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

27. Re: Re UBI SOFT Jul 23, 2004, 13:10 4D-Boxing

Raven shield came out perfect to lol! I guess things are going from bad to worst. I can't remeber the last good thing to come out of EA. Probably BF1942 after the patching was done. The last 2 NFS with the handfull of tracks was not my cup of tea, love NFS but need tracks and not just mixing up a few tracks like was done in HP2 and underground. Bottom line I agree with those who say don't get your hopes up when it comes to futur cryteck games unless you own an x-box or a ps2 wich is not a bad thing if you're a console guy!

With the story about the guys trying to leave UBI for EA and now this maybe UBI will wake up and listen to the community. I doubt it, and that's why we've seen so many companies fold these past few years. I can see UBI not showing much growth for the next few years and being bought out by MS!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo