Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

DOOM 3 Q&As

Round up the usual suspects, there are new DOOM 3 Q&As online on GameSpot, GameSpy, and IGN, each including answers from Todd Hollenshead and Tim Willits, with the middle of the three articles also adding Marty Stratton to the mix to reduce the sensation of deja vu. Here's a bit from the GameSpy Q&A on the laurel-resting they are engaged in now that DOOM 3 is done:

Tim Willits: Our very talented art staff has already started on the next game. Kenneth (Scott, id Software artist) is leading the team, working on some proof-of-concept stuff, and he's working on some conceptual art, and doing some really great stuff. So those guys have already started on the next game, which is awesome. Of course, a few of us will take vacations here and there, but we're not a rock band (laughs); we don't take off for six months after we go on tour. This is our job, and we've already started on the next title.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

10. Re: :( Jul 22, 2004, 21:55 kanniballl

I'm kind of worried about the 8-player only-for-LAN statement. Does that mean that each player requires enormous amount of data to be send to server, so even dsl/cable connection can't handle much more than 4 ?

I hope not. I'd be OK with it if I were still in college; dorm-wide games are always fun. I have DSL and live by myself; so unless I go to a LAN party I can kiss 8-player goodbye.

Eh, I have other issues besides multiplayer. I'm a little worried about my specs, as the "review" said a system beefier than mine could only pull 50 FPS @1024x768 @ medium quality. And that rig was running had a 33% faster CPU and twice the RAM.

I REALLY have to fight back the urge to upgrade. I want to wait until I can get a Socket 939 motherboard with PCI Express, so I have some upgrade-room. But it doesn't look like that will be coming any time soon.

Pentium 4, 2.4GHz w/ 533Mhz FSB
1024MB PC2700 Crucial RAM
ATI Radeon 9800XT
Windows XP Pro

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo