Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Ground Control II Ships, Patch

Ground Control II Operation Exodus Ships to Retail is the press release announcing the availability of Massive Entertainment's RTS sequel in North America. Meanwhile, the first patch is now available for the game, the aptly named Day One Update, available for download on this Sierra Entertainment Downloads Page (thanks Frans). Meanwhile, here's the announcement of the game shipping:

LOS ANGELES, June 22 /PRNewswire/ -- Vivendi Universal Games (VU Games) and Massive Entertainment announced today that Ground Control® II: Operation Exodus, the next installment in the Ground Control® franchise, has shipped to retail stores nationwide. The game has been finalized and localized in more than 12 languages, and will also be released in Europe and Asia on June 25th.

Ground Control® II: Operation Exodus is the next installment in the Ground Control® franchise. In a departure from traditional RTS games, Ground Control® II: Operation Exodus focuses on tactical combat with minimal time spent on resource management. Instead of harvesting resources and building bases, the game keeps the action hot and heavy by immediately rewarding players for accomplishing objectives. Additionally, the unique multiplayer drop-in mode allows players to instantly join an ongoing game at any time, for any length of time.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

3. Re: Here's the game, download the patch Jun 22, 2004, 22:50 Malkovich

Patches are an inevitability of PC games these days - you could blame the industry as a whole. The GC team can at least be credited with delivering one so promptly. There are numerous other games where patches are released well after the game itself is shipped. Your two examples (movies and music) really can't be compared with this situation...bit of sense needed here.
However, take for example the case of PC software - you could complain about the updates being released for virtually every application out there. Given the increased complexity of games these days and the critical need to deliver one on time before it becomes stale, it is not unreasonable to expect the developer to release a few updates - after all, it is for improving the overall gaming experience...
I'm looking forward to Ground Control II - it'll be the first game I've bought in quite a while.

This comment was edited on Jun 22, 22:51.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo